Spas use different techniques for folding towels. The process is the same as what you do at home, but spas take it to another level with their attention to detail and presentation. When it comes down to hotel laundry, your dirty old towel could be someone’s prized possession. Here are some folding techniques you can use to make your towels look spa-worthy.
How to fold towels like a spa
1. Fold the bottom of the towel upward a few inches to create a rectangle with a triangle on top.
2. Fold the upper-left corner from the left edge up diagonally to line up with the triangle point at the top of your towel, forming a smaller triangle within it.
3. Fold down this little triangle at the top to create an elegant cuff.
4. Fold over once more to form a straight line with your triangle. This is your finished edge, so it’s OK if the edges are slightly uneven. The person who wraps up in this towel will never know!
5. Repeat steps one through four for each towel you want to fold.
6. Stack all your towels snugly, one on top of the other with the folded edges facing one another.
7. Fold them in half along this edge to form a neat package that makes you look like spa-hotel pro!
8. Stack your folded towel neatly for storage or transport using tissue paper between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
Folding a towel in the “burrito” style
1. Fold the bottom of the towel upward to create a rectangle with a triangle on top.
2. Fold the right side of the triangle over to line up with the inside edge of your left hand, creating another triangle within it at your wrist.
3. Fold the corner on the upper left side of your first triangle up and over, diagonally, to line up with the inside edge of your right hand, creating a smaller triangle within it at your wrist.
4. Take this small triangle and fold it toward the center of your towel again to create a cuff on top of your towel roll.
5. Repeat steps two through four for each of the remaining corners of your towel, folding them to line up with one another along the middle edge of your finished towel roll.
6. Fold the whole thing in half lengthwise to create a neat package that looks just like a burrito! Now you can serve it up to your family at the dinner table!
7. Fold over a couple times if needed to make a neat package.
Tips: -For a more professional presentation, fold towels in half lengthwise and stack them neatly on top of one another with the folded edges facing toward you. Tuck two tissue-paper inserts between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
– This works for hand towels too! Just fold them in thirds or quarters before folding into a burrito or burrito style.
-To make your bath towels stand out, use patterned paper to line your tissue papers between layers. We recommend polka dots, plaids, stripes, flowers and palm trees!
-Tucking your salon-quality towel into a paper towel holder isn’t just for show. This allows the person who’s about to wrap up in it to easily take it out of the cup without touching anything else!