M3U files are useful for streaming content on a wide range of devices and platforms. These files can contain multiple URLs that will be loaded into your browser or media player as soon as you open the file. If you have recently downloaded an m3u file, it’s likely that you have discovered some problems playing it back on your Android device such as an error message or playback not working at all. Fortunately, there are several ways to resolve these issues by editing the m3u file so that it works correctly with your phone or tablet.
Table of Contents
How to edit m3u file on android?
If you want to create and edit m3u files on android, then you can use QuickEdit app. This app will let you create a playlist or modify an existing one in a few seconds. The best part is that it lets you add streams from YouTube and play them without any problem on your device.
Open the QuickEdit app
Download and install the QuickEdit app on your phone. It is a free app available on the Google Play Store. The app works with android 4.0.3+ with 12 languages support to choose from: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam (Indic), Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish(Spain) and Tamil/Telugu (Indic).
Choose m3u file from file storage
- Click the Open button and choose m3u file from file storage.
- Your device will show you a list of all the m3u files that are present on your device storage. Select the one you want to edit and press Open.
- It will open in Notepad++ editor with the extension .txt
Simply edit or create a new playlist in the window on the left
- Select the playlist you want to edit, then click Edit.
- You’ll see a list of all the songs in that playlist. You can add or remove items from the playlist by tapping on them, then tapping either Add To or Remove From.
- If you don’t see your songs in this list, try deleting and re-downloading them from iCloud Drive or Google Drive (or wherever else you have saved them). This will refresh their metadata and information about where they are located so that they can show up properly when editing playlists on your Android device.
You can also change the order of items within a playlist by clicking on one and dragging it up or down until it’s where you want it to be within its group of other tracks (we recommend putting similar sounding tracks together).
When you’re done, press Save
- Click the Save button in the upper-right corner of your screen to save your changes.
- Press the Done button (a check mark) in the lower-right corner of your screen when you want to finish editing or creating a new playlist, or when you’re done with everything else and ready for it to be added to one of your playlists.
- Press any other button if you decide not to create a playlist at this time, or if you want to cancel out of creating, editing, or adding anything new today.
As you can see, editing m3u files on android is a fairly straightforward process. You just need to be sure to save your changes after making them so that they don’t disappear when you exit the app or restart your phone. But if you use QuickEdit, then there will be no problems because it automatically saves changes every time before closing. Happy editing!