Usually, pizza is associated with a round dough coated with tomato sauce, cheese, and some other ingredient. Most times, it is so, but Italian pizza encompasses many more possibilities. Thus, we find white pizzas, without tomato sauce, pizzas without cheese, or pizzas that are not just one thing or the other such as burrata pizza and dried tomato. It has cheese, but not as we would imagine in any pizza, on top of the pizza forming filaments every time we put a piece in our mouths.
Burrata pizza recipe
In the case of the burrata and dried tomato pizza, the dough is first baked with the tomato, and when removing the pizza from the oven, we add the crumbled burrata, the dried tomato pieces and, optionally, a jet of truffle oil. A pizza that doesn’t have many secrets. And perhaps this is where its magic lies, since with little, as in most pizzas, we can create a deliciously tasty dish. If the pizza has conquered half the world or everything, it must be for something.
Ingredients for a pizza for 1-2 people
- 250 g of pizza dough
- 75 g of tomato sauce with basil
- Oregano (to taste)
- 1 burrata of 125 g
- 50 g of diced dried tomato
- Optional: a jet of truffle oil
You can vary the amount of pizza dough depending on how you like it thick:
200 – 250g: a thin dough
250 – 300g: standard dough
300 – 350g: thick dough
Preparation of burrata and dried tomato pizza
- Preheat the oven to 220 ºC with the function up and down.
- Stretch the pizza dough with a rolling pin, or with your hands if you are skilled, taking care not to break the dough. Put the stretched dough on a pizza tray or baking paper.
- Spread the tomato sauce with basil on top and put some oregano (to taste).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 220 ° C until we see that it is sufficiently cooked. This pizza is not baked as long as the pizzas that carry cheese since the fact of not taking it makes it not so moist and it is cooked more quickly.
- Turn off the oven, remove the pizza and, once outside, add the crumbled burrata with your fingers and the dried tomato pieces.
- Optionally, add a good stream of truffle oil to the burrata and dried tomato pizza.
Let the pizza stand for two minutes so it releases the aromas, and the newly added ingredients are heated.